Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Congratulations, Mr. Plotz!

I noticed tonight that Mr. David Plotz, who has been blogging the Hebrew Bible for Slate Magazine, is finished. Done. Mission accomplished, and all that. He sums things up in a final post, here.

Oddly, this makes me feel a little.... well.... lonely. As I've said before, I thought there would be a gazillion people poking around in the Bible and writing about it, but Plotz's blog is the only other one I've found doing the start-to-finish naive reading thing. Never mind that he had thousands and thousands of readers, and I have about 15. I felt a certain distant kinship.

In his final entry, Plotz says he is "searching for a wry Christian writer who can blog the New Testament for Slate. (Nominations accepted at plotzd@slate.com)." What do you think, gentle readers? Am I wry enough? I said, AM I WRY ENOUGH?


OK, so maybe I'm not wry enough. Still, I'd probably nominate myself, except I've got to pack for a trip to Colorado. But you can nominate me if you want.

See you on the 8th!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I nominated you. I told him you were "wry as all get-out."